Our Easter was pretty boring. I have a harder time getting excited about fun family traditions (especially a big meal) when it's just the three of us. We still had a really nice day, though. Emeline loved dying eggs and hunting for eggs and especially eating the jelly beans that came out of the eggs. :) She had a really cute new Easter dress that her lame-o mom forgot to take a picture of her wearing. I'll get one later. We had leg of lamb for dinner (which just sounds totally mean and horrible) but it was really good. Overall a really nice Easter. Most of all a good chance to reflect on the Savior and so exciting to be able to explain Easter and the Atonement and the Resurrection to Emeline and have her understand some. It was a really special day. I've always thought the Easter bunny was a really weird tradition, so we gave her an Easter basket and told her that we get some little presents on Easter morning to remember the biggest present of all that Heavenly Father and Jesus gave us for Easter a long, long time ago.
I love you girls!



(Oh yeah, and I had to include a picture of the breakfast I was so proud of- birds nest eggs & hashbrowns from Family Fun magazine. I don't know why I was so excited about those silly things!)
4 comments:
THAT BREAKFAST LOOKS YUMMY! AND I LOVE YOUR IDEA OF THE EASTER BASKET MINUS THE BUNNY. I NEVER GOT REALL EXCITED ABOUT THE BUNNY EITHER BUT I DID ALWAYS LOVE TO HUNT FOR THEM. BUT WAY TO GO ON THE EASTER PRESENT AND WHAT THE PRESENT THE SAVIOR GAVE US ANALOGY! I LOVE THAT! LOVE YA!
Ok liz I am totally impressed by your breakfast liz. You should post that receipe! That is such a cool idea. Go Martha! Mel
Liz, I love your ideas and I love that you want to keep Easter focused on the important things. I felt like Jason's family got caught up in all the other things, the whole party and celebration, and it turned out that Jason and Allary and I were the only ones who actually went to church. I was feeling bad about it once we got back home, so I gave Allary an extra special Family Home Evening lesson on the Resurrection. I never know how much she actually takes in, but I believe it's important anyhow, and if anything, it gets us as parents in the habit of talking to our kids about spiritual things.
I think you are such an awesome mother. I look up to you alot and I sure love ya!
Wow Brooke! Why didn't anybody go to Church? That is too bad because that is what easter is about, Our Savior and the Resurrection! Way to go moms! For teaching your children the true meaning! I am very impressed. And I am sure the both listened and took it in, in their own little way!! Lvoe ya all!
Post a Comment