Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dave's Sugar Cookies

Katie, I can't believe you remember Dave's Sugar Cookies! Definitely the best sugar cookies on the face of the planet. :) Here ya go...

2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vanilla
5 cups flour
Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes

Yum Yum!!

We had a fun Valentine's Day- it snowed really hard last night so K got the day off! Aah, a paid vacation day thanks to our friend uncle sam. We played in the snow with Emeline, ate cupcakes, and talked to family. It was nice! I gave Emeline a cupcake and she said, in a very dreamy voice, "ah, delicious!" (Sounded more like "ah, dewicious!") I didn't know she knew that word...

I hope you all had fantastic V-days too! Looks like Allary definitely did!! :)



3 comments:

Brooke said...

Looks like fun, and looks cold. It has been fairly warm and sunny here.

Just out of curiosity, who is Dave?

Anonymous said...

I like the gelato apron! Brasil had a place that sold gelato, it was so CARO! Expensive! I wish I could go to Italy to try the real bonafied business. :) Albuquerque is getting snow right now, but not us... sounds like you had a super fun v-day! I didn't know K wore glasses. Thanks so much for the recipe!! I can still remember how good they taste... better than any other sugar cookie I've ever had. Thank you thank you! Happy Valentines Day! Katie

Liz said...

Ya know, I don't really know who Dave is. I think the husband of one of my sister's friends from high school. Random, huh? We've just always called them Dave's sugar cookies. Send some warm and sun here!! I'm ready for winter to be over!