Hey Guys,
Finally... I have had a hard time trying to figure this out, but here goes. Would you believe I didn't take pictures at Christmas? Well, the Kemptons have a bunch and my parents have a bunch, but I don't have them yet. The day before Christmas Eve, my sister Kari Ann, and her family, Tara and her boys and Noah and I went up to Durango to ride on the "Polar Express" (Silverton Train). It was so awesome, they made it just like the movie. You ride up for about twenty minutes until you get to the North Pole. All the while, you have the "Master Chefs" entertaining you with music and reading of the Polar Express book. They serve hot cocoa and rice krispy treats. It is so cute. Then the train picks up Santa and he comes around to give out "the first gift of Christmas" to each of the kids. It was so fun to see all the kids in their pajamas and to see how excited everyone was to see Santa. The whole way back we were singing Christmas carols at the top of our lungs. I am such a fan of the Christmas season. I love it! Melinda and I were so brave... would you believe we went to Wal-Mart AND the mall on the 23rd? Somos locas!! Anyway, oh, so tomorrow is my first day of school. Yes, I am going to take two classes at the college. Public Speaker and Political Science. Plus a physical fitness class. (I dropped it last time.) I figured out that I only have three more classes to finish my associate degree... thought I should at least get that done. Nathan is taking a few classes too. He really wants to finish school. I'm just excited to have a couple hours a week to go out and learn and talk with adults. :) After this I just have to take one more PE class, Biology and Geology. Then Pronto... I'm done. Anyway, as far as updates go... Nate's sister Jill is planning on getting married this July, but she isn't engaged yet. (It don't mean a thing if he aint bought that ring... do wah do wah do wah do wah do wah) And my brother Jeff will probably get hitched this summer too. Cardon thinks he has met his true love, but we will see about that. Love is in the air. Woooooweeeeeeeeeee. So Mandi and Sheldon had a good Christmas and went to Vegas right afterward with Sheldon's grandparents. They saw Mamma Mia and Blue Man Group (I've seen Blue Man Group... they are AWESOME!!) Mandi isn't pregnant yet, so PRAY FOR HER! Oh, she's gonna kill me when she reads this. I told her there's a little more to it than just kissing. heh heeh. Okay, well, I hope you are all doing well. I want to see more pictures on here tooo. So giddy up. Love you~! Katie
3 comments:
Oh Katie, That picture is nasty! That is cool you are going to go take classes. Yeah that fitness class you are taking again...I failed it. Not just dropped it but failed it. how pathetic is that. It ought to make you feel better. Love ya Mel
Katie-who is Jill going to marry? Did she meet him at BYU-I? I am starting classes this semester too! I am going to get my degree in physical therapy assisting. I have too many credits behind me to not get a degree!
Well I love that picture of you Melinda!!! It is so cute! You 2 are crazy to go shopping that last day you could!
Love you, Melissa
Katie- What a fun post! I think a Christmas ride on the Polar Express sounds SO COOL! How fun! I'll bet all the kids loved it- and adults too! They read the book at library story time around here, but that's it. It's so cool that the silverton train does that! I hope I can do it someday.
And Congratulations to Jill! That's way exciting. I hope that man who hasn't bought a ring yet knows how lucky he is! She's one amazing girl and he's marrying into one amazing family.
I'm glad your Christmas was fun,even though you don't have any pictures yet. :) I'll bet Noah was really cute ripping into his presents. It's a fun age for Christmas!
And last but certainly not least-- good luck in school this semester! I think it's awesome that you are taking some classes. I hope it goes well... better that Melinda's physical fitness class! :)
Love you!
Liz
Post a Comment