Sunday, November 11, 2007

Weekend

This weekend, my friend from NM came to see me with her husband and baby Porter, before we move to WY! It was so much fun to see her and see how fast her baby has grown. I took them up to Salt Lake to shop and to see Temple Square. We had a ton of fun eating and talking! The only bad thing is her husband and baby got sick on Saturday night. Let's just say, I had to change my shirt and wash a lot of blankets that night! he was trying to break me in for when I am a mom! Anyways here are a few pics!

This is Porter and his mommy Staci!
I took them to eat at Otavios in provo. They had an accordion player who is so good. I love going there because the food is awesome and it just feels like you are in Italy.
Then we went to the Conference Center and around Temple Sqaure. It was a great day. We saw many brides which was so fun. We went to Brigham Young's home and around the museum. It was just an awesome day. This is all of us in front of the Christus. Oh, and the picture of President Hinckley was in the Conference center. I just love that man and I loved this picture of him.


I was released today from YW and had to talk in Sacrement Meeting. It was kindof an emotional day for me. I love the YW and my ward so much that it is hard to say goodbye. I still have 2 more weeks but being released just kindof hit home! Donald is in Colorado until next wed. He didn't get to come home this weekend either. It will be so nice to be together after he is done with this training.

We might buy a mobile home in Sheridan. It is really nice-3 bedroom, 2 bath. There is nothing to rent up there and houses are just too expensive. But I will be happy as long as I don't have to be in a hotel! And this one that we want is really nice and it has only been owned by an older couple. We will see if the loan and stuff goes through.
Other than that, not much other news.
I hope all of you are doing well. Love ya, Melissa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, we need to have a girls night before you leave! Brooke let me know what your schedule is and Melissa we will see if you can come! Mel

KTLADY said...

BTW, Melissa! Remember my friend Kara who majored in opera performance? She used to work at Ottavio's in Provo... so I got to go eat there, sometimes with a free dessert or a discount. What I loved there was the BREAD with the oil and balsamic vinegar. Mmmmmm.... do they still have that little hide-away section that's supposed to look like you're in Italy? What a great place!! You got me craving it now. I left another comment on your page too, but anyway.... love ya!!!!! Katie
PS Can I come to girls' night out?

Melissa said...

Of course you can come to girls night out! Are you going to be up here soon?!! We could go eat at Otavios for the night! I love their bread too! I love everything there though! We actually go the cheesey garlic bread and that was yummy! I just love Italian food! Love ya !
Melinda and brooke, when are you 2 free to do a night out?

Brooke said...

I am free pretty much whenever. The only catch is that I will most likely have to bring Allary. Jason is never home and I don't want to have to pay for a sitter. I could go out any night of the week. Believe me, I really don't have a whole lot going on besides playing dress-up, building Lego castles, and watching Disney movies.

singin'mama said...

Seeing that picture of Keith the Accordian player brought back fun memories! Yes, I did work there for several years as a singing waitress and loved it! It's good to see that Keith is still playing away and some things never change. Thanks for letting me "Peek" in on our blog!
Kara