Friday, November 16, 2007

Quick Note....

Sorry Liz to cover your post... I was commenting on it and forgot to write what I was going to write so I figured I would just make a little post. Yeah, I agree that it's been fun remembering (and realizing how much I already DON'T remember) about high school and those fun times. Do you still have that hot dog in your car? Just kidding! I really hope you never kept that. Remember how we all had "Boy Boxes" where we kept every shred of evidence that we had had any contact with a boy whatsoever... a little "momento" from every date? Or even a leaf or a piece of garbage that a boy had given to us?? Every flower, every movie ticket... I remember being so proud of my silly boy box. Brooke, I remember when you used to write notes all the time in Jr. High and every note would have a different type of lettering on the heading. How about when we walked to Jr. High from Liz's house after seminary? Liz, your mom was always quickly quizzing you on your Spanish words as we were leaving the house. Did you know Mr. Calori passed away, by the way? I meant to ask, and I figured Rachel or your parents would have told you. He and his mother died on the same day. Crazy! Anyway, I ran into Ryan's mom at the grocery store and she was wondering if we were all getting together still. Honestly, I haven't heard from anyone, so I'm not sure if anything is going to happen. I guess I will just wait to see if anyone calls. Meanwhile, just getting bigger and having more and more fun tying my shoes... or TRYING to, at least!! I finally bought some slip on shoes, but they are uglier than I thought they were in the store. Why does that always happen to me? Oh, which reminds me... Liz, I was talking to Tito on Sunday and I couldn't help but remember the time I brought that horrid Halloween mask to one of our slumber parties at your house and scared him so bad I made him cry. So what about killing moths with tennis rackets and fly swatters? What about putting sugar water all over our legs to make mosquitos eat us? What about BROMINE in the jacuzzi water? What about Edie running around your backyard in the buff? Oh my goodness! Know what I was just thinking about the other day?? Melinda!! Remember when we nicknamed you bum-tongue? (I had to censor that) HA HA HA HAA! I had totally forgotten about that! (No people, it's nothing gross... her tongue is tied really close to the front!) Brooke, remember when you put my pocket knife on the church bench at Sean's farewell and I sat on the blade and stabbed my bum??? I still have a scar there, oh, and I still have the slip I was wearing that day with a hole in it. Can you believe that?? What about seminary council? Remember our temple trip? Remember when we went ice skating? Melissa, didn't we stay at your aunt's house for that trip? Remember how my internet, EFY "boyfriend" met us up there? His name was Nathan too. Oh man, the memories are just flooding back. Remember when we stalked the Provo basketball players when they were participating in the tournament here in town? We were the only ones in the entire building rooting for the Bulldogs! (It was Bulldogs, right?) Then one of the kids we met was in a seminary video we were watching?? Oh man! What about when the 4th ward boys all shaved their heads and let Liz do it? What about the Rocky Marathon at Sonny's house? What about the gallon challenge? What about when Perry Max got his red truck stuck out in the dunes? Okay, I promise I am done for now. Just had to go off for a minute! I feel better now! Hopefully these things have sparked some memories for you all to talk about! Hope you're all doing well!! Love you! Katie

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love it!!! What great memories! That moth flyswatter tennis racket thing was totally crazy. How about those homemade reeses cups that we made? Yum! Okay, I'll stop before I get started. ;)
Melinda, I have thought of you because Jarom had a bum tongue too. Really bad. (So bad he couldn't eat right, so his got clipped). But I thought of you every time I saw his cute little bum tongue. :)
Nope, the hot dog is gone- but I do believe it was in my car for over 5 years. Gross. Didn't I say something about being kinda stupid in my last post? Yeah, keeping a hot dog in my car for 5 years really helps to illustrate that.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness Katie! I had forgotten so many of those things. And the HOT DOG!!!!! OH my! I always thought that was so hiliarious. And my boy box-WOW! I can't even describe how many stupid things I had in mine. I love the memories! I don't have that great of memory! And I just have to say I always loved getting Brooke's notes! Okay I loved everybodies notes but I can remember Brooke's notes the bets with the creative writing!
YEs that was my aunts house we stayed at. REmember we went to see some of your guys' provo bball players when we were here too. And my cousins husband took us all on the 4wheeler. oh, and the ROcky marathon was the only time I have seen all of the Rocky movies. And when I went to see this last one that just came out all I could think of is Sonny's house and how I had to beg my parents to go instead of working at MemoryMann. I can't believe they actually let me go. GOOD times!
Oh, Liz you never told me you drove an Impala. What year? I love the impala.It is my favorite car! I want a new one-an SS! Do you still have your 4runner? Everytime I see a white blazer I think of Liz and always driving everywhere in that thing. LIke to Dairy Queen, Wnedy's to get frosties, and ... well everywhere.
Okay, i will have to post more later on memories. It is so fun to just think of how many good times we had as friends. I am so thankful for all of you and the friendship we had and still have today! Whenever anyone says how the hate or hated HS, all I can say is I loved it and it is all because I had such good friends. I love you all and am so grateful for all of you!