Tuesday, December 05, 2006

update

The pediatrician yesterday took the IV out and said she should be okay at home. She is still not doing all that great. She refuses to drink anything. I told the Dr. she hates the Pedialyte and anything else the hospital recommended so he said I could try the "Lactaid" milk. Of course she was willing to drink that, but threw it up 5 minutes later. It's really killing me to have to force liquids down her throat with a syringe while she screams and fights. Ugh. It's almost easier to just sit with her at the hospital and watch the fluids get pumped into her veins. Jason is better at the force-feeding than me. So that's where we're at. She is starting to act more normal, besides not eating or drinking. I am tired and I feel like all I've been doing is cleaning up disgusting messes.
Here's some pictures of our little sickie-poo.

This is when her arm was still wrapped up with the IV.

This is about as much energy and effort she puts into playing.

Sorry for those of you who also see my parents' blog. I usually post the exact same thing because it is so much easier. :(

2 comments:

Liz said...

How can she still be so cute when she's so sick? I'm so sorry it isn't resolving more quickly. By Christmas she'll be back to her old energetic self, right in time to play in the paper and bows! (Of course you know I LOVE that shirt in the top picture... I can't believe it still fits her!) What a cutie pie. I hope the disgusting messes stop soon, for your sake and hers!

Liz said...

Brooke- I just had an idea. Something Emeline wouldn't be able to resist... would Allary suck on a popsicle? You've probably already tried that. Not really good for her, but at least some fluid...