Monday, August 07, 2006

Our little summer trip

Well, we haven't had much time or money to do any fancy vacations this summer, but we did visit family quite a bit. We have been to Jason's parents quite a few times for various family events. The end of July, we went to my family reunion in Colorado. Then, from there, we traveled on to my parent's house and spent some time there with them and my brother Travis' family. Allary was actually pretty good in the car, which makes for a much more pleasant traveling experience. It was great to spend time with family. We also got to go out to dinner with Katie and Nathan and Mandi and Sheldon. Good times. :) And, Katie and Noah came over to play for a little while one day.
Here are some photos:

Allary loved the river at the reunion. It was too cold and rainy for anyone to actually get in the water, but that didn't stop Allary from trying and making me very nervous.

Here I am saving my baby from imminent death. Well, not really, but she was trying to eat the rocks and drink the river water. Yick!

Allary had a swimming party in Grandma and Grandpa's backyard with her cousins.

After being outside for awhile, Allary starts to get allergy eyes. We're not quite sure what causes it yet. Could be grass, heat rash, seasonal allergies, we don't know. She just has such fair, sensitive skin, comes with the red hair, I guess.



It wasn't easy to get a picture of both of them looking. Oh well, they're cute anyway.

All packed and ready to head back home. :) The silly girl crawled in there herself.

Anyway, that about covers the past few weeks for us. Love you all! -Brooke

3 comments:

The Crew said...

Brooke, Allary is so stinkin' cute! We definetly need to get together soon! Love ya, Melissa

The Crew said...

What a sweet little gal. I'm glad you guys got to get away for a little while- I'll bet the reunion was great! It remeinds me of the story of you streaking in a barrel at your family reunion... Did that really happen or am I going crazy? Because I don't really think you are the streaking type...
Love you!LIZ

Brooke said...

Ha! Oh my goodness. That is one of my most embarrassing moments for sure, why did I ever even tell you that story? Yes, my family did a skit to the song "The Streak" (it's a rare gem). I was about 7 or 8 years old, I think, and my family made me play the part of the streak. Ah, so young and so innocent, and yet, scarred for life. :)