Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas Recipes??

Brooke... Your post is what gave me the idea to ask this question to all you girls. First, what is your favorite Holiday Yummy to make during Christmas? And second, would you like to post the recipe? So far this year I've done banana bread, popcorn balls and licorice caramels. Still ahead... fudge, cream caramels, more popcorn balls, maybe peanut brittle... and maybe something else that you girls want to share with me!!! :) I love new recipes. I highly recommend the licorice caramels, so I will share this recipe with you. (Even if you don't like the taste of black licorice, I've heard from those who don't and they still love these caramels!!)
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cups white Karo syrup
1 can sweetened condensed milk
pinch of salt
1 cup butter
Mix these ingredients in a saucepan on med-high heat, stirring constantly, until they reach 235 degrees F. Add one teaspoon of Anise extract, and 3/4 teaspoon black food coloring (the paste coloring is in the cake-decorating section of your craft store) Pour into a pan to cool. Cut into squares & wrap in wax paper. Yummy!!!

4 comments:

The Crew said...

that was me. katie

Liz said...

Yum! I'll post some too sometime soon. Right now it's off to the shower while Jarom is asleep and Eme is busy watching Clifford the Big Red Dog. :)

Brooke said...

Katie, you asked what I do to the fudge to be creative. The answer: nothing. What you saw in the pictures is the extent of my abilities in the treat-making area. I plop them in a cute Christmasy bag, tie on a ribbon and hand them out to friends and neighbors. Both recipes are about as easy as they get, but I will post them if anyone is interested.

KTLADY said...

For SURE! I want the peppermint one for sure. :) Love, Katie