Katie, don't worry about it! :) I have totally set aside Saturday night for a get-together with the crew, so it isn't a sacrifice and it's the whole reason I extended my trip. I think a pizza party sounds like great fun and I'm totally planning on being there (or, if you don't want to do it at your house, we could do it at my parents' or something). I appreciate you offering your house, and really you can invite whoever you want. I didn't say that because I thought anything would be weird for anybody- I just still consider you guys some of my very best friends, and those guys are people I knew once that I haven't seen for 8 years and probably don't have much in common with anymore and likely will never see again. I figured why spend the only time with you guys catching up with and meeting people I don't know? I love it that when we get together it feels like nothing has changed and we can just talk and joke and have fun- I kinda felt like if there were tons of people there I didn't know (like spouses of guys I used to know and guys I used to know) then it would be more small talk and stuff, and I really was looking forward to just being crazy with you gals. If you're set on it, though, and if everybody else wants to do it, then it's not a big deal- I can maybe skip my family reunion dinner so I can see you guys and hang out- it is important to me and I'm not going to miss the opportunity. The family reunion has a dinner on two different nights, so skipping one isn't the end of the world either. We could totally do both. For those of us who could, we could get together at a park or something Saturday (daytime) and hang out and watch the kids play and eat Wendie's frosties, we have lots of options. I don't want you to be stressed about it. Plan whatever you'd like to plan or don't plan anything if you don't want to and then when we all get there I'm sure more opportunities to get together will present themselves. I really want to spend time with everybody, and I could do it more than once and I'll try my hardest to accommodate everything. I just thought you were asking for opinions so I gave mine- it doesn't have to be the last word. There are a lot of other people who haven't said anything yet-
I hope you don't think I'm being stingy with my time there. I am often totally jealous of the fact that you have both your family and your in-laws within a few minutes drive of your house. It gets hard for me because I get to see my family only once or twice a year, and since we are moving overseas next year I probably won't get to see them for several years after this year. I would love to just have an entire week to spend with you guys, and lots of time with my mom and dad, and my grandparents, and my cousins, and my aunts and uncles, and my sister, and my brother. I'm sorry it makes you frustrated, but believe me, you aren't the only one!
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Here is my vote. We all have dinner at Katie's house Saturday (if you still want to do that) like we were originally planning. Then the other days if we want to have little get togethers with some people we can. Just volunteer your house and idea. If some people can come great if some can't we will miss you. Lets just go with the flow without any pressure of pleasing people. Just be there with each other to have fun and enjoy the time we do have with each other. Liz I didn't know you were going overseas next year! Where to? That is going to be so fun for your family!
I'm with Melinda- it would be really fun to have a lot going on with a lot of people. I'd love Saturday night to be "ours" and have just the gals- I'd love that to be a tradition, to always try to get together for a girls' night whenever we can. If there is other stuff going on (which does sound really fun, just not quite as fun and being with you guys), then that is great and I think a lot of people would love it and I'll get to as much as I can. I am SO EXCITED to get there and see you guys and you have no idea how much I appreciate you coming down (Utah ladies) the same time as me!!Thank you in advance! :)
Post a Comment