Thursday, June 14, 2007

Lake Powell here we come








My cousin Jayden and I hanging out on the boat. It was such great weather!






Korby brought his wakeboard and all the guys had to give it a try. Jason tried it a few times. It is a real workout of the forearms I guess. Looks pretty tough. He didn't ever get up but gave it a really good try.


As much as I hate boats and the water and swimming with fish they finally convinced me to try the tube. Well lets just say their version of going easy on me wasn't all that easy. They were going really fast and turning so we would fly over the wakes. It was so much fun. This just shows how chicken I am riding in a tube with 8 and 10 year olds. And they were the brave ones. It was really fun though I have to admit.
Hey guys just thought I would post of our recent trip to Lake Powell. My uncle had a houseboat and speedboat. We spent alot of time on the water and had a blast. My computer has been having fits lately so I haven't been able to post for a while. Sorry. Katie how are you feeling any news yet on what you are having...besides a baby. Melissa I am glad that you brother got home ok. Isn't it great to have them back! Brooke little Allary is so cute. Looks like you guys had fun at the fair. Liz when are you coming down again. I am trying to get work off but I don't know how it is going to look. Hope Jarom is doing good. Hope to see you guys soon. love Mel

4 comments:

Melissa said...

I am jealous Melinda!! that looks like sooo much fun! I love the water and tubing at lake powell. That is my favorite! I am glad you went on the tube. My dad used to scare us half to death on the tubes. They are a little scary but so much fun!!! Love ya!

Liz said...

You lucky! That sounds great! I love wakeboarding. Well, I'm coming down August 21-28. I have a family thing one night (I forgot which) but otherwise no set plans yet. I'm excited to see whoever I can!!

Brooke said...

I am not a big fan of the water either, Melinda. I don't know if I would have been brave enough to get on the tube or even on the boat. I'm a big wimp when it comes to outdoors-y stuff. I'm glad you guys got to go and have a great time. We need to get together SOON!
Love ya!

KTLADY said...

Hey Mel and all of you... we just barely pulled in from Mesa. We went for Jeff's wedding, which was super! And then we headed down to Safford to see the hometown of Nathan's grandparents and clean up their gravesites and decorate them. Anyway, I have some pictures, so I will post them when I get home. I am at the in-laws right now, thought I would check real quick and see if anyone posted. I have been feeling sick in the evenings, of all crazy things! I feel pretty good all morning and most of the day, but come four or five... yuck yuck! I can't wait for this to pass... I just feel like I want to throw up, I don't actually do it. (I'm not sure which is worse!!) I do not know what we are having yet... probably won't know for a while since I am only two months. I will find out when the first ultrasound is scheduled, so I will keep you posted. At first I really was convinced (by my dreams) that it's a BOY, but lately I have realized that it is completely up in the air. I don't think I have any intuition about this one!! Maybe one of each?? (Heaven forbid...) Okay, love you all! Katie